Very pleased first time buyer!
By Faltsan on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I traded in my '05 Corolla on 12/29/09 to get the '10 Forester as we had moved to Madison WI and I could no longer stand getting stuck in the snow with the Corolla and needing to be pushed out. I chose the Forester over the RAV4 (even before the recall issues) and the CR-V because of Subaru's outstanding safety ratings and superior AWD system. It has been absolutely terrific in the snow and foul weather which is the main reason why I bought it. I am a bit disappointed in the gas mileage which has been ranging from 16-18 for city driving. We got 21 when we drove on the hwy. I am hopeful the mileage will improve when the weather gets warmer. The poor quality stereo is my biggest pet peeve!
Favorite Features
All weather package (hooray for heated seats), AWD, Nice looks, steering wheel controls for audio, huge sunroof, nimble handling, decent acceleration for hwy merges, fold down cup holder tray in rear sear, iPod interface, AWD and excellent traction.
Suggested Improvements
I would have paid a bit extra for a DECENT standard stereo-- you can hear engine noise through the iPod interface, speakers are cheap as are the crude display letters in the radio screen. Seat warmer controls are awkwardly placed. I wish the gas mileage was a little better with a larger fuel tank.