Super handling machine
By Alex Povolotski on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Drove this vehicle today. Super handling machine indeed! All wheel drive standard on all Subarus. I took it to the unpaved roads of the park and was making circles and other maneuvers at high speed. And that all was after rain. Not a hint of a wheel slip or something. Loved the car! Plenty of head room and leg room (I'm 6'1). Steering is light, gas pedal is very responsive, power is aplenty, brake pedal feel is a bit mushy though. Rear seat legroom is good, cargo area is very accommodating. Pedals are nicely apart from each other, so you won't hit both.
Favorite Features
Power, real all wheel drive, agility, nimble, interior room. 4 speed auto is much better than 6 speed, not searching for gears, precise shifts, smooth power delivery in all conditions.
Suggested Improvements
Engine noise is killing the whole experience. The engine delivers the right amount of power but the noise is excessive to my taste. I have always driven serene cars before, so it's an annoyance to me. Also, interior is bland, as well as exterior design. Though practical.