Squeak/ Rattles Nightmare customer service
By carhappy1 on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
We bought a Forester 2010 for my wife based on my prior good experience with a 1995 Legacy I had. This car is full of rattles and squeaks. Took it several times to several dealers to get it fixed, the rattles are so bad that we are now stuck with this nightmare. Customer service/ company rep have been great in stone walling the resolution of our problem and making us feeling stupid as if everything is fine despite the dealers agreeing to and working on the problem (though unsuccessfully) multiple times. For one who always told my friends what a great car Subaru makes, now I am so disgusted with the brand I will never own another one.
Favorite Features
So upset with rattles no feature can seem nice in a car driving you constantly bunkers.
Suggested Improvements
Subaru seems to follow Toyota's faith in becoming second to Ford and others in customer satisfaction/perception.
By xira
on 03/05/11 16:11 PM (PST)

My Forester (2009) also rattles when back seats are in the up position. Try putting them down (as a test) and see if this changes anything. The tailgate also rattles if it is slightly misaligned. I was able to get a slight adjustment made by a repair shop (for free) and it solved that part of the problem. The garage door had come down on the tailgate and tweaked it.