2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Great Small SUV but Far From P

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Great Small SUV but Far From Perfect
By Craig on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second Forester in the last 2 years. I traded in my first one after a year and a half because the X model (4 cylinder) did not have enough power for me. I upgraded to an XT turbo which is more my speed. If you are looking for any performance this is the way to go. I stayed with Subaru because they gave me a great trade in price. The XT in black suits my lifestyle, sporty & practical. The forester is great for active individuals & small families. It is an easy commuter, great visibility, easy to drive & park but it does need some improvements. The engine & transmission seem well built but the interior plastics are cheap, not the perceived Subaru ruggedness I was looking for.

XT-acceleration. Easy to drive & park in less then ideal driving conditions, rain, snow etc. Great visibility. All Wheel Drive. High ground clearance. Good luggage capacity. True sport utility vehicle- easy to carry surfboards, bikes, snowboards, skis, camping gear, groceries etc.

The interior of the Forester seems dated. It lacks luxury & technology. The interior plastics are cheap & seem to be just thrown in. I already had a gas lever & seat release button pop out. Upgrade the radio & XM antenna. Subaru uses an XM antenna that attaches to the windshield, weak reception