2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Second Forester

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Second Forester
By windsurfer on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First one went 180,000 miles, then head gasket leaked. Decided to trade in. Did the RAV4, CR-V, Forester loop, and returned to the Forester. The dealerships were the most professional of any brand. I will take it on long dirt roads for fishing, and love the better clearance. No longer a "small" SUV! At least not on the inside. My priorities are value, reliability and gas mileage. Two out of three ain't bad, but I haven't taken long trips yet, so maybe mileage will improve. It's got a miles-per-gallon display, which is nice. Same giant moonroof. Styling is sharper, and I'm glad they didn't slope the roof any more.

Favorite Features

More knee room in back seats made everyone smile. Quieter ride. Still got the manual, too. VERY smooth shifting (my '02 was balky in lower gears). Still the best visibility, almost nine inches clearance, nice displays, improved air conditioning. Privacy glass in the back. Crisp body style. AWD.

Suggested Improvements

What happened to all the cubby holes for stuff? Give me better gas mileage. Sound system still weak. What's with no 5-speed in the white model??