2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Not happy

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Review

Not happy
By unhappy owner on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

First day-blue smoke came out of the tailpipe on startup. Salesman said it should disappear after few hundred mi. After 1 wk it was in service w/ 400 mi with the same problem. Subaru service MGR said "the blue smoke is normal and part of breaking in." Service changed oil & filter for an OC test. This brand new car still blows blue smoke everyday on cold start and even if it's been sitting for few hrs. Been going to service once, twice, & even 3x/wk and service MGR keeps telling my that my car is "normal and its part of breaking in." I lose a lot of oil within a wk (1qt+) & still waiting for Subaru to do something. Service refuse to fix the car. 1st time buying new car & not happy with Subaru.

I do like the visibility,leather interior, & awd but other than that I wish I'd never gotten a Subaru. I have more problem on my 2010 Subaru Forester than my '90 Toyota Celica. Not even a month yet.

It's very embarrassing when I startup my car in the parking lot and big cloud of blue smoke comes out of the back of car. People look at me then looks at my brand new Forester. My Toyota is more reliable w/ over 213k mi & never burn oil like this! Subaru - What's going on here?