My first Subie !!!
By Dave Ostrowski on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
After owning 2 Fords (a 1996 Ranger and a 2002 Explorer, both having tranny issues), I finally bought the car I have longed for- a Subaru Forester. While it's taking a little time to get used to driving a lower profile vehicle, I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with the power, room, gas mileage and handling of this X- over. It's gonna be a great vehicle for our Buffalo, NY winters and should get it's first real test later today, since we have a winter storm warning for the area. I have several friends with Subies and they all seem to have gotten long term mileage out of their vehicles. Reliability and safety were two of the things that attracted me to the Subaru brand.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, appearance, handling, powerful 4cyl engine, sometimes I don't realize that I already doing 65 MPH on the hwy. One of the first things I noticed during the test drive was the amazing visibility.
Suggested Improvements
There's some minor things, like the door handles, which look like they might break if you pulled on them too hard. I know my wife would have liked the vanity mirrors on the sun visors to have been lighted, but the overhead lights illuminate the cab fine. The stereo is a bit underpowered.