2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: My First Subaru

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Review

My First Subaru
By Retired Captain FD on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. Have had 8 Mazdas and just returned a 5.7L Chrysler Aspen. Needed smaller fuel efficient vehicle. So far very satisfied with the Forester. Have had it for two months and it is fun to drive, handles well, and my around town fuel mileage is more than double the Aspen. I have the Dark Gray Metallic and Platinum Cloth Interior. Nice color combination but not sure the seats will hold up for the duration. Nice looking vehicle and it is 100% more practical than the Hemi Aspen I used to drive. No rattles or problems requiring it to go back to the dealer for "adjustments." Rough idel when first started, A/C worked well during last heat wave. Weird square cup holders.

Styling, handling, fuel mileage & reliability were pluses for choosing this car over another Mazda or other model. I like the all wheel drive, handles like a go-kart. Moonroof is large, rear hatch is lightweight, braking is really superb, great factory paint job. Nice in house pin stripe job.

I miss the automatic open/close tailgate of the Aspen, the headlights are superior to US made cars so it doesn't need fog lights, but the big black fake fog lights really detract from front end styling. Make them Std. equipment! Needs 6 CD changer, better sound, dual power seats, better arm rests!