Like it but I Do Not Love It
By Craig on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
First off I should have bought the turbo. At the time I was concerned about gas and reliability. The turbo takes premium fuel and is usually less reliable. Don't under estimate the importance of FUN. The basic four cylinder does not have enough power to have fun, the acceleration is weak.I also like the aggressive looks of the turbo, the X is bland. If your looking for a basic commuter/hauler the forester is a good car but if you want some performance and luxury get the turbo or look elsewhere. I bought the forester because I needed some cargo space. They gave me a good price for my trade in. My last car was a Audi A4 so it's been a hard adjustment, I feel the down grade.
Favorite Features
All wheel drive, visibility, turning radius, cargo room, ground clearance, motor/tranny seems well built & it's easy to drive/park.
Suggested Improvements
Cons- Acceleration, handling at high speeds, light weight metal & plastic construction inside & out, plastics/metal break & scratch easy, no full size spare, lack of luxury & refinement,it looks and feels like a toy not a real SUV/crossover. Future forester should be built like the Mercedes GLK350.