I like it... so far
By jeanniebutt2 on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
When you read this review please keep in mind that this is my first v4, awd, suv'ish car. i bought the forester primarily because i was looking for a small suv that could handle the snow and more rugged terrain, had more cargo room, and was environmentally friendlier (pzev was a big draw). Overall i would say that my experience has been good. The handling is not great although I think that may be because i'm used to low profile cars and the acceleration isn't great - it tends to stick on some gears. As a lot of other people mentioned, the stereo stinks but i only noticed rattle over speed bumps. i'm averaging 23 - 25 mpg combined so far.
Favorite Features
large moonroof, roof rack, spacious interior, cargo space, relatively comfortable, pzev, sportshift, avg mpg (i think it's turning me into a less aggressive driver by making me feel bad when i punch the gas).
Suggested Improvements
stereo system, climate control knobs and dials seem a little cheap, 5 speed shift, more convenient heated seat controls, more convenient aux dock (why would you put one in the middle console?), better mp3 interface option (like they have for other subies).