Great Small SUV but Far From Perfect
By Craig on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)
This is my second Forester in the last 2 years. I traded in my first one after a year and a half because the X model (4 cylinder) did not have enough power for me. I upgraded to an XT turbo which is more my speed. If you are looking for any performance this is the way to go. I stayed with Subaru because they gave me a great trade in price. The XT in black suits my lifestyle, sporty & practical. The forester is great for active individuals & small families. It is an easy commuter, great visibility, easy to drive & park but it does need some improvements. The engine & transmission seem well built but the interior plastics are cheap, not the perceived Subaru ruggedness I was looking for.
Favorite Features
XT-acceleration. Easy to drive & park in less then ideal driving conditions, rain, snow etc. Great visibility. All Wheel Drive. High ground clearance. Good luggage capacity. True sport utility vehicle- easy to carry surfboards, bikes, snowboards, skis, camping gear, groceries etc.
Suggested Improvements
The interior of the Forester seems dated. It lacks luxury & technology. The interior plastics are cheap & seem to be just thrown in. I already had a gas lever & seat release button pop out. Upgrade the radio & XM antenna. Subaru uses an XM antenna that attaches to the windshield, weak reception