Fun, roomy and comfortable
By Max on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
This is my first Subaru after 16 years in a five-speed manual sport wagon. I find the Forester roomy with a comfortable ride and economical on the gas. The comfortable ride and tall body give somewhat more body roll and more flexible cornering than my old stiff-sprung wagon. Unlike the old wagon, the long-travel suspension handles whatever the road dishes out without crash-bang noise and discomfort, and the Subie is more stable in bumpy corners due to this. I'm very satisfied with the 4-speed automatic which does its job smoothly and appreciate the simplicity and economy unlike some of the six- and seven-speed monsters of other brands that get no better mileage than my old Cherokee.
Favorite Features
The Forester's economy, roominess, and sporty drive make for a very enjoyable driving experience. I can wiggle my shoulders and vary my driving position without bumping the doors or other passengers.
Suggested Improvements
Interior trim could be somewhat better, but I did buy the Forester as a sport ECONOMY wagon, and the price, features, and sporty driving personality are just what I wanted.