First Subaru
By TJK on
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Had the car for a month now. The whole family enjoys driving it. Handles well, very responsive in steering and power for a 4. AC works very well. Thought I would feel "overwhelmed" by the size after a sedan all these yrs but feel comfortable driving. all in all, so far... very happy with the vehicle. We tend to keep our cars until they die so if it lasts as long as the Jetta - 14 yrs-frame rusted out but still runs like a champ - I will be happy. However today, started to smell gas, really strong. Don't know what that is about but quite concerned. called dealer but was after hours. hopefully will talk with them tomorrow.
Favorite Features
sport shift-big selling point. All wheel drive this winter -anxious to see how it handles. Controls easy to reach and use. Heated seats - spoiled, won't buy another car w/o. Sun/moon roof - huge. Adjustable lumbar support, large side mirrors,auto dim rear view mirror, 6 CD changer. Big cup holders
Suggested Improvements
Hate the head rests. I like to sit up straighter but can't because of the design of the head rests. Tilting sun/moon roof. Better quality carpeting. I know it isn't going to last long, very cheap/thin-felt like. Include cargo net. Adjusting passenger seat. Better gas mileage-honestly, it is a 4 cyl.