2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Exhaust rattle and ping noises

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Review

Exhaust rattle and ping noises
By ny_donna on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Subaru Forester 2010, 57K miles - the heat shields in the exhaust are losing their insulation, so the tin shields rattle against each other. Was told I would need to replace entire exhaust to fix. Not covered by extended wtty - why make an exhaust system that falls apart after 2 years, and can't be easily fixed? why is this "my problem?" It is Subaru's poor design, should be their money to fix! Has anyone else had the dealer fix this problem for you or found an easier solution? The tinny rattling noise drives me crazy!

I like the way the car handles and the way it looks. Also the fold down second row seats makes transporting long objects very easy!

Make improvements to exhaust system. Car is under 3 years old, I should not have to replace an entire exhaust system because of Subaru's poor design of "heat shield system". If you know the heat shields lose their insulation - change it! who wants to drive a car that sounds like tin cans are rattling underneath it - how embarrassing! I paid $27K for this car, purchased extended wtty because I intended to keep car a long time. I don't want excuses from dealer or subaru, I want my car fixed!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review