2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
8000 mile Review
By RN on 05/16/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I have zero complaints. We are both previous Subaru owners, I'm still driving a 1996 Outback Sport Impreza. If you like Subaru's you won't be disappointed, the Forester handles, sounds, feels, and drives like a Subaru. We love the power adjustable seat and the clear view of the road. The turning radius of this size vehicle is great. The heated seats control does take some time to get use to. The radio could use an upgrade, but with some fine tuning the premium radio sounds decent. If your the type of person that needs alot of pick up and go, I recommend the XT. My wife and I are very happy with the non- turbo power. Tons of room and great for outdoor recreation. MPG = AWD.

From a Toyota to a Subaru
By winter package on 05/15/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a first time buyer of a Subaru. I'm very impressed with the Forester. I have always been a Toyota person. Til now. No problems with my Forester. So far, wonderful car

Zero buyer's remorse.
By Joshua on 05/10/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I spent two years getting out of credit card debt, and saving up for my Subaru. I knew I wanted a Subaru because of the safety features, and high reliability. I looked at a few other brands. But I found that the Forester was not only the highest rated, but because more equipment comes standard, it was the best value. Some companies charge over $3K for AWD, and even $1K extra for side airbags! My 2010 model is very comfortable, the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. There is lots of room for both passengers and cargo. And the hidden storage area under the cargo pad is perfect for keeping the rest of the cargo ready at all times. Highly recommended to anyone who needs utility and fun!

Ohio Subie
By zhto on 05/03/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Just purchased a 2010 Forester XT Prem. Still breaking it in so not driving it hard. So far, completely impressed with the handling, and comfort, and "kick". Great amount of space. Love the option to recline rear seats an extra few degrees for passengers on long trips. Purposely did not purchase the Limited because I did not need the extra bells and whistles. However, great price for the product. iPhone aux in arm rest space is wonderful. Huge moon roof. Actually looking forward to winters and hard rains. Just became a Subie die hard. Felt it did need 5 speeds for the auto shift rather than 4. I'm certain I'll still be able to smoke some other drivers with the turbo.

Super handling machine
By Alex Povolotski on 05/01/10 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Drove this vehicle today. Super handling machine indeed! All wheel drive standard on all Subarus. I took it to the unpaved roads of the park and was making circles and other maneuvers at high speed. And that all was after rain. Not a hint of a wheel slip or something. Loved the car! Plenty of head room and leg room (I'm 6'1). Steering is light, gas pedal is very responsive, power is aplenty, brake pedal feel is a bit mushy though. Rear seat legroom is good, cargo area is very accommodating. Pedals are nicely apart from each other, so you won't hit both.

I like it... so far
By jeanniebutt2 on 04/27/10 23:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When you read this review please keep in mind that this is my first v4, awd, suv'ish car. i bought the forester primarily because i was looking for a small suv that could handle the snow and more rugged terrain, had more cargo room, and was environmentally friendlier (pzev was a big draw). Overall i would say that my experience has been good. The handling is not great although I think that may be because i'm used to low profile cars and the acceleration isn't great - it tends to stick on some gears. As a lot of other people mentioned, the stereo stinks but i only noticed rattle over speed bumps. i'm averaging 23 - 25 mpg combined so far.

Like it but I Do Not Love It
By Craig on 04/09/10 22:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

First off I should have bought the turbo. At the time I was concerned about gas and reliability. The turbo takes premium fuel and is usually less reliable. Don't under estimate the importance of FUN. The basic four cylinder does not have enough power to have fun, the acceleration is weak.I also like the aggressive looks of the turbo, the X is bland. If your looking for a basic commuter/hauler the forester is a good car but if you want some performance and luxury get the turbo or look elsewhere. I bought the forester because I needed some cargo space. They gave me a good price for my trade in. My last car was a Audi A4 so it's been a hard adjustment, I feel the down grade.

Was Not Looking For an SUV
By Gary 1009 on 04/09/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

For the last couple of years we had been looking at sedans. We even rented an altima for a trip to Florida. We then changed our minds. Reading reviews, listening to current owners (two in the family) started us looking at the Nissan rogue and the Subaru Forester. We gave up the nice soft and quiet ride of our Camry, for the safety and all wheel drive. We love the leather heated seats, however, the controls are located in an awkward spot on the console, under my elbow. We wish the hatchback had a "pop open" feature on the remote. Little too much road noise and the gas mileage could be a little better with the 4 cyl. Other than that, we love the car.

10,000 Mile Update
By mermac55 on 04/07/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I agree that we like the Forester better now than when we bought it. The road handling is extremely competent and the brakes are incredible. There are no rattles and every door closes solidly. Interior design presents many reconfiguration possibilities for cargo hauling. It is my 42 mile round trip commuter and I look forward to it every day. It was a pleasure to drive in all weather this winter and has such an efficient heating system, I rarely used the heated seats! With this early spring weather, I love the sunroof (as does the dog). The passenger does sit a little low, but with so many adjustments to the driver seat, its impossible not to be comfortable! We love it!

Tough to Beat for Value & Quality
By Anthony Lo on 04/07/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our family's 3rd Subaru. Traded in a 2008 Forester that we loved for its ruggedness, reliability, AWD, and safety but needed more rear leg room as 2nd child is on the way. Got a steal of deal on the transaction and could not be happier with our new 2010 Forester. It's just the right size inside but still has a compact exterior that is easy to maneuver. The interior is well laid out and all body components are tightly built. Yes, we have a couple of rattles hear and there but nothing overly annoying. Be careful of the light grey interior (might get dirty fast). Overall, this is not a particularly luxurious vehicle but is still solid, safe, and very reliable. Can't beat it for value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$98 per month*