Used 2010 Subaru Forester SUV Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Fun to drive go anywhere vehicle
By Pat

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with everyone about rattles. There is some issue with interior finishing that causes minor rattles. For me it's far from annoying and dealer will fix it. Will post the output after fix. For now I just pump up the music and enjoy the ride. Trust me, get a manual if you want to enjoy driving forester without sacrificing money with the XT. Cornering the vehicle and driving over rough roads is pure pleasure. Went on a 400 mile trip and I was least tired. You won't even feel the fatigue of long trips. It handles winding roads exceptionally well. Down shift to 4th and it will take up any hill incline on freeways. Hill incline assist is nice. Looking forward to winter's driving on ice.

Subaru's awesome AWD, 50:50 torque split, VDC, boxer engine's revs, hill incline assist, high ground clearance, rear visibility, panoramic sunroof, go anywhere.

Rattles, rattles, rattles. SoA please fix your interior rattles! Better audio.

No Regrets Buying
By TJK

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was trading in a large SUV and wanted something more car like but still have the convenience of an SUV. I test drove the CR-V and RAV4. The Toyota was still truck like, even though the Honda had a nice interior I did not like the way it handled. The Subaru was more fun to drive and I just liked how the AWD is standard. I'm surprised at how well the car drives and how smooth it is going over the highway. I am disappointed on the MPG, but much better than a giant SUV. So far I am very happy with this car. It has some small rattles, but it is also not a $50,000 car. My friend's CR-V also has rattles. I recommend this car highly.

Comfort, nice ride, the simplicity of the air and heating controls, back row seating is very roomy, lots of space in the cargo area, fun to drive, safety features, few blind spots, and of course the AWD.

A telescopic steering wheel (this is my biggest gripe), better MPG, reduced wind noise, satellite radio should be pre-installed, Bluetooth (2011 now have it), manual transmission available in all trim levels. The care would have been the ultimate if I was able to get manual in the limited trim.

My First Subaru
By lad

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i've been driving my forester for 6 months now. Drives great-love the handling-it really grips the road. Good gas mileage-avg. 27 mpg. Back seat is great for kids-very roomy,they love the reclining seats and center console with cup holders. I do wish their was more room in front center console for purse- I removed partition, but it eliminates one cup holder when doing so. Drivers seat is comfy but wish it had memory for when my husband and I switch. Passenger seat should have 10 way power as well because it is very low and at only 5' 2" I have a hard time seeing. Overall I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase and can't wait to try my AWD this winter.

Rear seat space, panoramic sunroof, and great handling.

Power passenger seat-cargo door release inside car and on keys

Awesome Ride
By Sean

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Traded in my 2004 Impreza RS for a 2010 XT Limited. This thing handles like a dream. The ride is great, very smooth, great pick up. The stock turbo isn't too bad, would be nice to have WRX type power though. I like the interior and the cargo room, it's great for the kids aka dogs. It would be nice to have a better stock stereo, (like the Harmon Kardon in the Outback LTD) I did purchase a Limited edition after all. iPod interface would be nice as well as opposed to just AUX jack. I love the monster sized moon roof, the

Reclining rear seat MONSTER moon roof Overall look Turbo Motor Overall cargo capacity Overall vehicle

Power passenger seat standard for LTD Harmon Kardon Stereo(like Outback LTD) More HP Cargo liner standard for LTD edt All weather floor mats standard

Wish I'd Bought Another Toyo Sienna
By Andy

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I researched and compared the Subaru Forester Premium with a Toyota Sienna, 2010 models. Because the Toyo was about $4,000 more I decided to go with the Subaru. Do I regret that decision! I've taken my Subaru to the dealer three times already since I purchased it in August. The car is very noisy upon start-up, but fine once I drive. Every start-up is noisy. The dealer keeps saying its part of Subaru's design, but I'm not buying it. Also, after about a month of driving, I continue to hear the rear seats rattle. If I could return this car I'd do so w/o hesitation. The ext/inter design is okay, but I certainly regret not buying the Toyota Sienna! Think twice before buying a Subaru.

Exterior design, excellent turning/maneuvering, compact, good cargo space, rear seats fold flat.

Engine noise, wind noise, adjustable/sliding rear seats.