Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

2011 Forester are not representative of the Subaru name
By nornet

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 3 Subarus. The plain old vanilla Legacy sedan was by far the best of the bunch (2008). The Outback Limited (2007) was pretty close behind. The Forester was one of the poorest vehicles I have drive. You can not sit in these seats for more than 2 hours. This problen goes back at least 10 years. My first encounter with a Forester (2000) was in the same quality seats. If you wan't to shuttle around the city than this can be overlooked but for any distance driving look elsewhere.

Definitely Love my Subaru
By rthomas18

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my subaru in May 2010 - put 22,000 miles on it over the past 6 months -- 2500 where I was towing at the maximum capacity. I could not be happier with the performance. The seats could be more comfy, and yes - the cup holders absolutely suck (I was told by a guy in the service department to use a strip of foam-works pretty well). It's a great car at a great price - just wish they offered the leather interior w/the 5-speed!

Offering leather interior w/the 5-speed. Cup Holders that actual hold your cup.

Squeak/ Rattles Nightmare customer service
By carhappy1

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a Forester 2010 for my wife based on my prior good experience with a 1995 Legacy I had. This car is full of rattles and squeaks. Took it several times to several dealers to get it fixed, the rattles are so bad that we are now stuck with this nightmare. Customer service/ company rep have been great in stone walling the resolution of our problem and making us feeling stupid as if everything is fine despite the dealers agreeing to and working on the problem (though unsuccessfully) multiple times. For one who always told my friends what a great car Subaru makes, now I am so disgusted with the brand I will never own another one.

So upset with rattles no feature can seem nice in a car driving you constantly bunkers.

Subaru seems to follow Toyota's faith in becoming second to Ford and others in customer satisfaction/perception.

Melange
By pigo

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

After being a Subaru owner for the last several year, I may try something different next time around. I still love the way this thing drives, but subaru must stop being slow with bringing current technologies to the customers. Absolutley terrible stereo with no Bluetooth, dedicated I pod , etc......This is the Limited afterall! also sunvisor vanity mirrors with out illumination and no light in glove box!!C'mon! The 4 speed tranny was not a huge concern for me but it again shows Subaru's unwillingness to be current. interior materials are not on par with most in the class. If Subaru wants to retain this up till now loyal customer, it must add some class to the fun!!!!

Turbo engine, nice ride, looks, turning radius.

Stereo, interior material quality, transmission, auto lights, window express up/down feature on all windows. Did I mention the Stereo!!!!!!!!!!

So Far, So Good
By Anonymous

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for about 6 1/2 months now. I drove both the Tribeca and the Forester. The Tribeca drove smooth, but I felt more in control of the Forester. The gas milleage is good. I range from about 24-28mpg and do about half high highway/half city driving. The biggest complaint is that the interior is cheap. I have a small tear in my interior, the back door and side doors rattle, and parts of the dash scratch easily. Biggest Pro: We got about a foot of snow last month and I didn't have any problems. Traction control only kicked in once. I helped my husband change the oil for the first time and it went quick and smooth. Overall happy, just need to fix the rattles!

Huge sunroof, sport shift, heated seats, large cargo area.

Interior! Stop the rattles! More durable.