2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
I am so happy with my Forester!!
By Surgigirl on 08/25/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my Subie for 1 week and I just love it! This is my first Subaru. I took advantage of Cash 4 clunkers. I test drove the Rav, and the Rogue and really didn't consider the Forester because I never liked the older styles of them. Well they completely remade the body style and I just love it! There is so much room inside this car. I am 5'10 and have plenty of room. Totally love the iPod accessory. Stereo is decent, but I am sure some of the younger kids would think its lame, but I am not a kid anymore! Love all the safety features. It will tell you when your tires are low in pressure! Airbags all over! Compass in rear view mirror, love it. Automatic dimming adjustment of rearview mirror.

Who really needs 4WD? Honestly.
By A EB on 08/14/09 03:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had a 4WD Jeep, never really had to use it and at 16 mpg, killed me at the pumps. Subaru AWD always ready, always working. The interior room of the Forester reminds me of a Checker Cab in NYC. Back seat leg room is massive. The interior finish is 10X better than most USA cars (cheap). Working with our salesman was a pleasure-worked with us-no high pressure. Plenty of power, great pickup speed on highway and uphill. Good visibility. Stylish- looks good taking the kids to practice and taking the wife out to dinner or a show.

Best all around value!
By My 1st Subaru on 08/12/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Buy it if: You demand safety for your family, desire a legendary AWD system, want a fail-proof reliable engine that delivers steady power, and want to stretch your $ further Forget if if: You demand a 1st class interior with all the trimmings, can't stand plastic, desire a sophisticated luxury Crossover Utility Vehicle. BL: Subaru prides itself in designing reliable, safe vehicles and the 2009/2010 Forester lives up to that reputation; drive it and you just might fall in love with it!

Very Nice
By Todd on 07/30/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Drove the CR-V, Santa Fe, Equinox, Rav 4 and Forester. Subaru did a great job getting enough head room for tall people. Very nice cabin room and little to no blind spots like many of the others. Just a nice, solid vehicle. We got 27 mpg on the way home which took us through the city and highway. We are still smiling a week later. Probably will replace the tires with something a little higher rated down the road.

Sure is Pretty
By Sure is Pretty on 07/20/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Forester for 1 week now. This is my 4th Subaru and my 2nd Forester (1998). It might be too soon to pass judgment but so far I really enjoy my new car. The fact that I could mix and match all the accessories was a nice plus. Reading your comments for the 2009 Forester prior to purchase was very helpful.

Second Forester
By windsurfer on 07/17/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First one went 180,000 miles, then head gasket leaked. Decided to trade in. Did the RAV4, CR-V, Forester loop, and returned to the Forester. The dealerships were the most professional of any brand. I will take it on long dirt roads for fishing, and love the better clearance. No longer a "small" SUV! At least not on the inside. My priorities are value, reliability and gas mileage. Two out of three ain't bad, but I haven't taken long trips yet, so maybe mileage will improve. It's got a miles-per-gallon display, which is nice. Same giant moonroof. Styling is sharper, and I'm glad they didn't slope the roof any more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in NJ is:

$168 per month*