2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Second Subie
By Gryjmcgrath on 12/28/09 14:57 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2005 Forester and the head gasket blew last year at 167,000. Bought a cheap Jeep before X- mas and decided on another Forester this year. Rides like a go-cart and and gets great gas mileage. The awd is a necessity up North. The ability to press a button and lock em in is a great improvement. This rig is easy to park and will go most anywhere in any weather. Missed my old one...glad I got this one.

Smooth but rattles
By Subie2010 on 12/23/09 10:54 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Forester 2.5X base model is a good value and is a decent and quiet AWD wagon on the road. I upgraded the base model with leather and installed my own hood protector, mud guards, and bumper guard. I'm still breaking in the engine at < 800 miles so mileage is all over, between 22 and 28 mpg. I owned a 2001 Forester S (loved that Subie) and changed to my 2.5X. The jury is still out as I need more time behind the wheel. The annoying and loud rattles in the rear of the vehicle is putting a damper on what should be an enjoyable driving experience with this Subaru. Some loading on the floor seem to quiet the rattles a little. I'll have the dealer try to fix the rattles next week.

Great Car!
By Gail on 12/17/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Haven't had for very long but really like it. Easy to handle, perfect size, and very practical. Plenty of room.

Drives like a car, roomy like an SUV
By Gregg on 12/15/09 07:02 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I would best describe the Forester as a "nice" automobile. It does everything well, but nothing outstanding (which is not a knock on it). It seats five, pulls a small trailer, can handle dirt roads and snow, usable large storage area, good visibility, good highway manners, etc. A very solid vehicle.

My First Subaru
By CB on 12/09/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. To date I am very satisfied with the SUV. Handles well and is fun to drive. Certainly meets all of my needs from shopping, golfing and traveling.

2.5x Forester Premium
By Mr. Subi on 12/08/09 14:57 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subaru after 2 years of deciding on the 'do it all' vehicle. The perfect vehicle for the commuting outdoorsman. Sport/Utility defines the Forester very well (why don't they officially classify it as such?). The Forester is a rolling swiss army knife (pardon the metaphor). It can do so much so well, and do it safely. Reliable, spirited, great handling, ultra safe, very roomy, best AWD on the market, just as good off as on road. Equipped excellently on the base model, step up a notch and add the all weather package (recommended). Huge sunroof/moonroof, practically makes it feel like a convertible.

Can't beat this Subie
By Outstanding Subie on 12/04/09 18:55 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Replaced a 92 Ford Explorer 4X4 with this model. I would do the trade again in a heartbeat now that I've had a chance to get a feel for this Forester, took a 3000 mile trip loaded to the max and still got 26 / 27 mpg highway at 75 MPH average. Smooth ride, reasonable response to the gas pedal, another gear in the automatic would be nice to smooth out the engine speed in the down shifts.

Honda Ridgeline Trade-In
By rundp on 12/03/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2006 Honda Ridgeline. It was great to bump my gas mileage from 17 with Ridgeline to 21 in town with the Forester. But the Forester is made for some light off road use which is why we went with the Forester over another Outback.

Rattletrap
By 57J on 11/26/09 09:01 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

From day one this vehicle has had a bad, bad rattle in the rear that, so far, dealer has been unable to correct. Rattles worse than a 20 year old Jeep pickup I used to own.

Good so far
By Subi Driver on 11/08/09 10:07 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Forester for a few weeks and it's been a pleasant experience thus far. Looks nice, rides well and has enough power for my use. The premium trim with the all weather package gives me all the options I need for the Michigan winters I drive in. I can't wait to see how it handles in the snow. Gas mileage is decent for this type of vehicle. I'm averaging 24-25 mpg combined. My only complaint is that there is an annoying rattle in the passenger side front door panel. Not a huge deal, but I thought a $25k Japanese vehicle wouldn't have such an issue.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester Suv in VA is:

$99 per month*