Used 2010 Subaru Forester SUV Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

First Subaru
By TJK

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for a month now. The whole family enjoys driving it. Handles well, very responsive in steering and power for a 4. AC works very well. Thought I would feel "overwhelmed" by the size after a sedan all these yrs but feel comfortable driving. all in all, so far... very happy with the vehicle. We tend to keep our cars until they die so if it lasts as long as the Jetta - 14 yrs-frame rusted out but still runs like a champ - I will be happy. However today, started to smell gas, really strong. Don't know what that is about but quite concerned. called dealer but was after hours. hopefully will talk with them tomorrow.

sport shift-big selling point. All wheel drive this winter -anxious to see how it handles. Controls easy to reach and use. Heated seats - spoiled, won't buy another car w/o. Sun/moon roof - huge. Adjustable lumbar support, large side mirrors,auto dim rear view mirror, 6 CD changer. Big cup holders

Hate the head rests. I like to sit up straighter but can't because of the design of the head rests. Tilting sun/moon roof. Better quality carpeting. I know it isn't going to last long, very cheap/thin-felt like. Include cargo net. Adjusting passenger seat. Better gas mileage-honestly, it is a 4 cyl.

4th and final Subaru
By hpntst

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Subaru. This Forester pings and knocks all of the time and they call it a characteristic of the engine. The tranny shudders when it shifts. Subaru is refusing to fix my car. NY State Lemon Law, here I come!

Customer service. I never had an issue with the other three Subarus, so when I say this one is messed up, listen!

The Best Choice for Us
By Mr.Ranger

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We purchased two 2010 Forester XT Ltd. w/Nav. My wife and I each have roughly 2000 miles on our Foresters. It's only been a little over three months, but we are very pleased with our Foresters. Our first test drive was in an X Premium model which we would have bought, but then we drove the XT. The trade-off of slightly lower gas mileage is easily forgotten when you step on the throttle. Visibility is excellent, and the ride is comfortable and quiet. The Forester has very good road manners, although, a stiffer rear sway bar is in order to reduce some of the body roll. Pot holes and road imperfections are no problem as the suspension soaks them up easily. Great car. Excellent value!

Turbo charged engine. 27 MPG Hwy. Panoramic Sunroof. Sporty styling. Navigation/Bluetooth/iPod interface/graphical display. Leather heated seats. Ride comfort. Ample cargo area. Headlights. Fit and finish.

Raise the height of the front passenger's seat or make it height adjustable. Better sounding factory radio. A little less body roll.

Improvement over Honda CR-V
By artman

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car two months ago and really like it. Excellent highway car with 25-28 MPG and 19 around town. The four speed transmission is below par and really needs a 5 speed. The radio sounds tinny but I hardly ever use it. I have no problems with rattles except noise from the back when I go over road bumps. I think this may be tied to the cheap cargo cover under the rear floor. I love the design of the vehicle and the interior. Way better than the cheap plastic used in many cars today.

Highway ride, oversized sunroof, comfort, handling, and visibility.

Better cup holders. 5 speed transmission.Option for passenger power seat. Improved standard radio.

Great package that needs just a bit more
By simplyeasily

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Forester for 3 months now. I love it; didn't think I would as much as I do since I changed over from a BMW. It drives a lot like a sedan, and it's sure-footed and reliable. The customer service has been great as well. The seats are comfortable and the road visibility is good. The rear seats are even more comfortable, and the giant moonroof is awesome. I also like the sports mode and the ability to manually shift gears - very useful for me and for saving on the brakes when going downhill. And the price? What a great value.

moonroof, storage, AWD, reclining back seats, shifting, backup sensors

more gears (for smoother transitions/better gas mileage); figure out how to dampen the various rattling sounds in the cabin; possibly upgrade the interior so that it's not so low-grade plasticky?