2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great Ride
By dru on 02/03/10 08:47 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 2 1/2 weeks and I love it. I sold my 2002 Jeep Liberty 2wheel drive for this Subie and I love it. I live were it snows a lot and the all wheel drive is great. The car handles nicely. I had a rattle in the back but I just opened and closed all the doors and it went away. The radio is on the cheap side but I don't live in the car I just drive to work so it will do just fine. The passenger seat is a little low but that's a minor issue. all-in-all this is a great value for what you get in terms of safety and driving. There is also a lot of cargo space for a 'small' SUV

so far so good
By FIRST TIME BUYER on 01/28/10 11:35 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a Subaru Forester 2010 after looking at rav4 crv and rogue. I went for Subaru for the way it looks. I would have gone for crv if they had not changed the looks few yrs ago. The finance deal 2.9% was a big help. I like the heated seats and the displays and so far the drive has been a pleasure.

A Keeper!
By Patrick on 01/26/10 04:37 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wife and I live on the Navajo Indian Reservation where most traveling is considered long distance. Thirty percent of driving on the Reservation is off road. Sand, mud, and snow is not a problem for my basic 2010 Forester and road driving is a pleasure. I use my Silverado truck for *fair weather* driving. Forester does it all for my Wife and I. We intend to be conservative with it and keep it for years. Thank you Subaru.

RattleTrap II in Eugene, OR
By Not so Happy in OR on 01/19/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After all of the excitement we are very disappointed with this vehicle. Rattle/buzz from day 3. Moonroof rattle, both front doors buzz, cargo door rattle. Then to top it off, not just a drift but a continental shift to the right when one releases the steering wheel. We took video to document, Left lane of freeway to right lane without really wanting to change lanes. To say the least we are frustrated with this car. I drive for a living so I know all about rattles and buzzes, never suspected a brand new car . My 1988 BMW with 297K drives better and no rattles. The car has been in the shop 3 times since we got it 12/26/2009. Thank god it is a lease!

Former Chevy Owner
By Lynne on 01/15/10 17:19 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 Chevy Equinox for a, hopefully, more reliable Subaru Forester. I love that the car isn't fancy, but drives like a decent sedan rather than a truck-like SUV. The visibility is fantastic, and there is more than enough room for 2 car seats in the back. This is meant to be our second vehicle, but I am confident that we wouldn't mind using the Forester for our family car in many situations. Looking forward to leaving the "American car" behind.

1000 miles
By JT on 01/08/10 11:26 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first Subie to date and so far its not bad. Front seats could of been of better quality and comfort. The stereo to be honest is very sub-par. Favorite feature is the bullet proof AWD, and probably the main reason I choose the Forester. Rattles in both the driver and passenger side doors. Turns out to be a loose piece called a baffle that can be corrected. Overall the car is better than most.

Nice truck but my last Subaru
By mike on 12/31/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Bought my first subaru in 2001 and it was perfect, rock solid till the day I sold it last week. The new replacement a XT sure looks nice BUT... Rattles something fierce and all over. The headlights wont work sometimes (had to shut the truck off and restart to get it working) windows software maybe?? The drivetrain makes bad noises when turning and the turbo (maybe) made a bad squealing sound for miles you first start the truck. I figured its under warranty let it blow up. The rear window for some reason wants to open with no one pushing buttons. The heater works in reverse. Have a small book for repairs. Will I buy another Subaru - I think Not. Too bad I didn't keep my old model, my fault.

2.5X Limited
By Karla on 12/31/09 07:15 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2010 Forester 2.5X Limited for almost a month now and so far I am extremely happy with it! The Forester handles great in the snowy ND weather and rides like a dream. I love the roomy interior for both front seat passengers as well as back seat passengers. I also added the following accessories: body side moldings, hood protector kit, moonroof deflector, splash guard kit, wheel moldings, luggage cover, trailer hitch, rear bumper cover, & wheel arch kit. Vehicle is sharp looking and versatile.

Good car, cheap interior
By Hans on 12/30/09 07:23 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I owned an '03 XS Premium, which I traded for the '10. I love the added room and new exterior styling. Things lost from the '03 - the handling is less nimble and more boat-like, there is less usable cabin storage space, the radio is not as good, the cabin fit and finishes are not nearly as nice as before, and the red display lights and small lettering for the steering wheel, radio and fan/heat/ac controls are annoying and hard to read (don't designers know that red is irritating??). I will keep this car for a long time; I just wish Subaru didn't cut so many corners on the interior.

Impression after 1600 miles
By New Subi Driver on 12/29/09 12:17 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We wanted a smaller suv to replace the aging Explorer. It has sufficient power even with the 4-speed auto. It's extremely comfortable. It should have a power seat for the front passenger but doesn't. Has had several rattles from the get go. The radio is not as good as the Explorer. On the interstate you could be running 80 before you realize it. It's that quiet. It has ample room for our purposes and should make a good vehicle for traveling. So far we're not sorry we purchased it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$99 per month*