Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

I want out!
By Unhappy buyer

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car yesterday, has now 127 miles on it and it started rattling & vibrating already! The ceiling vibrates quite excessively at just 40 mph. The hatch rattles, along with the plastic back panels. Did not do it on the test drive, before purchase. I took it to the dealership today, they said might be the license plate cover- NOT! It keeps getting louder. I take it in again tomorrow. My Malibu with 120,600 miles on it was better, and I want it back! I want out of this deal, worst mistake I ever made. I wish I never would've bought it. Major buyers remorse.

Favorite Features

Moonroof is really nice.

Suggested Improvements

Stop the rattles & vibrations! Have the dealerships or Subaru take these cars back from unhappy customers & give them their money and trade ins (if wanted) back!

First Subaru and love it
By Love it

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

As a former Honda and Toyota owner, I read the information in Consumer report about the Forester. Along with that review, Edmunds, and the fact one of my son's owns one, I bought our first one. This car rides so much better than our Honda CR-V. This probably will not be our last Subaru.

Favorite Features

Visibility, handling, fuel economy for an AWD vehicle, 27.9 on first tank, and a great ride for an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a few more storage places. Honda does have a few more places to store stuff.

Very Happy
By Patrick Hogan

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. I test drove the new Outback, not please at all with the drive. The Forester however is easy to maneuver, no major blind spots. Leather is a must, other models w/o leather seem sub-par.

Favorite Features

awd, comfort, style, space, moonroof (huge!).

Suggested Improvements

Radio-sound system, road noise, radio- sound system, please add some horsepower to X Models and radio- sound system. Also need to have satellite radio ready, not a $400 add on.

Awesome Car
By Chloe

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing. I picked it because I don't know too many people who drive it, and I feel like a million bucks when I am in it. I used to drive a Saturn L2, so this is quite a difference! I get 26-30 MPG on the highway with this car. It's the perfect size for me, though I could see a family of 4 driving it as well. Everyone I have driven in it loves it, and I like its size--big enough for passive safety, but not as gigantic as some other SUVs out there. Even my dad who is against "foreign cars" (even though it's built here) likes it a lot. No buyer's remorse whatsoever--best first car I could ever get!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride! As my friend says, the car is "nifty" because of where plugs are, the rear-view dimmer, etc. ; I picked up quickly on where all the controls are. There are a lot of nice features for the basic model.

Suggested Improvements

The back is a little noisy when going over bumps, but it's something I can live with. Also tinted windows in the standard package would have been nice.

Very pleased
By drg

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Greatly enjoy this vehicle. The ride is fun - responsive, sure-footed, firm yet comfortable. Enough acceleration - good gas mileage. Very practical for both day to day activities and the 4 trips I've already taken in it.

Favorite Features

ride, moon roof, practical and fun

Suggested Improvements

6 speed transmission