Used 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Not a Happy Camper
By lexi209

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a Forester 2010 that has less than 60,000miles. The leather seats are showing wear, especially the driver's seat. Contacted Subaru and have been told it is normal wear! Seriously?? This was to be my retirement car. Got the leather so it would stay nice. Guess I was wrong. I feel this is inferior material, but the company won't stand behind their product. Very disappointed! Close to $2,000 to fix both front seats. I love driving this car, but won't be buying another Subaru because of low quality interior.

Love the way it drives, like the looks of the exterior.

Better quality of interior products from leather used on seats to floor mats.

sun roof
By mrstjk

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

wondering if anyone out there is having issues with the sunroof on 2010 Forester? mine has been in the shop 6 times for leaks while raining. Dealer even replaced the sun roof last time around and still leaks. really getting tired of this and concerned about possible problems-rust, mildew, mold-down the road. Subaru offered me extended warranty but that just isn't enough anymore. Either fix the problem or give me new car. did alot of research/test drives/talks with car owners before purchasing first subaru. Likely to be my last if this isn't resolved to my satisfaction and soon.

1 year later
By mrstjk

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

wrote a review 8/10 after 1 mth ownership, gas smell was a mouse who had eaten the gas line! fixed-no repeats. 5/11-leaking from rear shoulder harness after a few days rain. seal on sunroof pulled loose & drain not connected. okay until this week - again leaking. two days in shop and they cannot recreate leak. my concern is about mold/mildew/rust in future. thinking about getting rid of it if dealer or Subaru won't do something. otherwise, I do love the Forester. great in snow/handles well/has improved to 22-23 MPG, mixed so not too bad. little "rough" til it warms up but after that, is quiet. seems to hold value in resale - at least at dealer.

know the cup holders are "weird" but I honestly like them! big enough to accommodate large drink cups... or lots of stuff. Fog lights - heated seats - sun roof. accommodated an assembled 4 burner grill after purchasing - was impressed. uses regular gas- previous car used premium.

hate, hate, hate the head rests! they slant too far forward. just cannot find a comfortable position for long no matter how much I adjust the head rest and the seat. interior materials look/feel cheap. controls for heated seats could be in better location. better radio/sound system and positioning of speakers.

Best value for money
By dee

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my forester in April 2010 and I have no regrets. It's the best value for money. My car is loaded with Blue tooth, navigation, heated seats, satellite radio, remote start, auto dimming mirrors, fog lights, moon roof, leather seats, dvd player, cd player, ipod connections and its all wheel drive. Brand new it cost me less than 30,000. I live in new hampshire so I need a car that is great in the snow, rain, mud or dry road. So far the subie is perfect. I strongly recommend fully loading this vehicle if you plan to get it. You wont be able to enjoy all of these comforts in any other high quality new SUV for the price of a Subaru. I road trip in comfort and style. no problem

all wheel drive, huge moon roof, satellite radio, blue tooth, remote start, heated seats, smooth ride, great handling. Excellent sound when watching dvd's

The center console and cup holders needs major improvement,it looks too cheap. Definitely need more interior / exterior combination options. I could not get a black interior with a blue exterior. The only option was gray.

No Regrets Buying
By TJK

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was trading in a large SUV and wanted something more car like but still have the convenience of an SUV. I test drove the CR-V and RAV4. The Toyota was still truck like, even though the Honda had a nice interior I did not like the way it handled. The Subaru was more fun to drive and I just liked how the AWD is standard. I'm surprised at how well the car drives and how smooth it is going over the highway. I am disappointed on the MPG, but much better than a giant SUV. So far I am very happy with this car. It has some small rattles, but it is also not a $50,000 car. My friend's CR-V also has rattles. I recommend this car highly.

Comfort, nice ride, the simplicity of the air and heating controls, back row seating is very roomy, lots of space in the cargo area, fun to drive, safety features, few blind spots, and of course the AWD.

A telescopic steering wheel (this is my biggest gripe), better MPG, reduced wind noise, satellite radio should be pre-installed, Bluetooth (2011 now have it), manual transmission available in all trim levels. The care would have been the ultimate if I was able to get manual in the limited trim.