Used 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Fun to drive go anywhere vehicle
By Pat

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with everyone about rattles. There is some issue with interior finishing that causes minor rattles. For me it's far from annoying and dealer will fix it. Will post the output after fix. For now I just pump up the music and enjoy the ride. Trust me, get a manual if you want to enjoy driving forester without sacrificing money with the XT. Cornering the vehicle and driving over rough roads is pure pleasure. Went on a 400 mile trip and I was least tired. You won't even feel the fatigue of long trips. It handles winding roads exceptionally well. Down shift to 4th and it will take up any hill incline on freeways. Hill incline assist is nice. Looking forward to winter's driving on ice.

Subaru's awesome AWD, 50:50 torque split, VDC, boxer engine's revs, hill incline assist, high ground clearance, rear visibility, panoramic sunroof, go anywhere.

Rattles, rattles, rattles. SoA please fix your interior rattles! Better audio.

Interior design needs improvement
By Franklin Marra

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driver's Seat Too Low! Test drove a manual front seat car but bought a power adjust seat. The seat does NOT go up high enough to see over the hood. In my area you need to look down at the pavement to spot potholes. I sit on a cushion to improve my view. Speedometer Stupid! The speedometer goes up to 150 mph. What are these designers idiots. The distance between 60 and 80 mph is one and a half inches. Which is the difference between getting a speeding ticket or not. Bad Spot For Tripometer. To set the tripometer you have to reach inside the steering wheel to press the reset button. When following Mapquest directions (ex. go 1.5 miles) this gets to be a problem.

Excellent in handling turns and curves. Good pick up power. Good stability. Good cruise control. Good handling bumps and uneven roads.

Lower the gear ratio for reverse. Reverse gear feels like second gear, I have to ride the clutch to go slow in reverse. Put a gear indicator on the instrument panel to show which gear you are in. Very unconventional, but my wife and daughter also drive the car. Similar to what an auto trans has.

AWD
By New York

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my 2010 Forester 2.5x Premium and I can say I don't hear any rattles. For the price I think that this is a great car. Yes, I agree about the plastic on the dash but it is simple and clean. At 6'4" I find the drivers sit very comfortable and plenty of room in the back seat. I like at the sport grill but I like the grill that it came with better so no need to spend money replacing it.

The AWD is great and the cargo space is a blessing.

The radio really has to go, it is just awful. But that is not really important to me so maybe some where down the line I'll replace it. The engine could have more power and not that I have a lead foot but it will help with passing and merging.

Attention auto industry : follow Subaru!
By John Anteki

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot and when I'm in my car, I want everything to be perfect. My last car was a Lexus GS350 and I couldn't stand the rattles. I've heard some complain about rattling, however I've found that if you just tuck everything away in the back such as the center seat belt, rear cover, etc., there aren't any rattles at all. I love my Forester and I'm a Suby fan for life. Funny thing is, I used to despise Subaru. Now I think it would take a lot for another manufacturer other than a high line manufacturer to wow me like Subaru

Symmetrical all wheel drive, boxer engine, reclining back seats, side airbags with rollover sensor, and an actual place to put your rear cargo cover when you're not using it! Genius!

Keep up the good work is all I have to say. I have over 60k miles on my Forester already and it feels like my Lexus did before it hit 12k.

As promised
By acura convert

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a low cost crossover. I read the other reviews and it seem like people are expecting luxury grade materials. You probably should have driven past the Subaru dealership if you were looking for a German luxury ride. This car is a great value. It does everything well enough and should be pretty reliable. Not flashy, but very competent. I wanted a good mix of MPG, space, and snow handling, so it was perfect. My previous car was an Acura sports coupe, so driving a mini SUV is a little bit of a letdown in terms of handling, but that trade off comes with safety and versatility that I was lacking before. The stereo is pretty bad, but I will replace it soon enough. Also, no rattles so far

Sunroof, plain interior, all weather mats, built in roof racks, manual transmission.

placement of heated seat controls is poor, air bag light on dash that never turns off, cup holders perfect for coffee mugs but bad for cans and bottles.