2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Not a Happy Camper
By lexi209 on 12/27/13 19:49 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a Forester 2010 that has less than 60,000miles. The leather seats are showing wear, especially the driver's seat. Contacted Subaru and have been told it is normal wear! Seriously?? This was to be my retirement car. Got the leather so it would stay nice. Guess I was wrong. I feel this is inferior material, but the company won't stand behind their product. Very disappointed! Close to $2,000 to fix both front seats. I love driving this car, but won't be buying another Subaru because of low quality interior.

sun roof
By mrstjk on 11/11/11 04:54 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

wondering if anyone out there is having issues with the sunroof on 2010 Forester? mine has been in the shop 6 times for leaks while raining. Dealer even replaced the sun roof last time around and still leaks. really getting tired of this and concerned about possible problems-rust, mildew, mold-down the road. Subaru offered me extended warranty but that just isn't enough anymore. Either fix the problem or give me new car. did alot of research/test drives/talks with car owners before purchasing first subaru. Likely to be my last if this isn't resolved to my satisfaction and soon.

1 year later
By mrstjk on 09/09/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

wrote a review 8/10 after 1 mth ownership, gas smell was a mouse who had eaten the gas line! fixed-no repeats. 5/11-leaking from rear shoulder harness after a few days rain. seal on sunroof pulled loose & drain not connected. okay until this week - again leaking. two days in shop and they cannot recreate leak. my concern is about mold/mildew/rust in future. thinking about getting rid of it if dealer or Subaru won't do something. otherwise, I do love the Forester. great in snow/handles well/has improved to 22-23 MPG, mixed so not too bad. little "rough" til it warms up but after that, is quiet. seems to hold value in resale - at least at dealer.

Best value for money
By dee on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my forester in April 2010 and I have no regrets. It's the best value for money. My car is loaded with Blue tooth, navigation, heated seats, satellite radio, remote start, auto dimming mirrors, fog lights, moon roof, leather seats, dvd player, cd player, ipod connections and its all wheel drive. Brand new it cost me less than 30,000. I live in new hampshire so I need a car that is great in the snow, rain, mud or dry road. So far the subie is perfect. I strongly recommend fully loading this vehicle if you plan to get it. You wont be able to enjoy all of these comforts in any other high quality new SUV for the price of a Subaru. I road trip in comfort and style. no problem

No Regrets Buying
By TJK on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was trading in a large SUV and wanted something more car like but still have the convenience of an SUV. I test drove the CR-V and RAV4. The Toyota was still truck like, even though the Honda had a nice interior I did not like the way it handled. The Subaru was more fun to drive and I just liked how the AWD is standard. I'm surprised at how well the car drives and how smooth it is going over the highway. I am disappointed on the MPG, but much better than a giant SUV. So far I am very happy with this car. It has some small rattles, but it is also not a $50,000 car. My friend's CR-V also has rattles. I recommend this car highly.

Not happy
By unhappy owner on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

First day-blue smoke came out of the tailpipe on startup. Salesman said it should disappear after few hundred mi. After 1 wk it was in service w/ 400 mi with the same problem. Subaru service MGR said "the blue smoke is normal and part of breaking in." Service changed oil & filter for an OC test. This brand new car still blows blue smoke everyday on cold start and even if it's been sitting for few hrs. Been going to service once, twice, & even 3x/wk and service MGR keeps telling my that my car is "normal and its part of breaking in." I lose a lot of oil within a wk (1qt+) & still waiting for Subaru to do something. Service refuse to fix the car. 1st time buying new car & not happy with Subaru.

Built for all terrain!
By 2nd Subaru on 08/27/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Subaru (other was 1998 Outback) and like it as much as the first. The interior is comfortable and exterior is sharp. I read other reviews about rattles and other annoyances and only have this to say: "If you want a quiet luxury car, spend $50,000 and shut up. If you want a very capable, fun to drive SUV that is an unbelievable value, give the Forester a shot". Firmness of the suspension lets you know that it is truly off-road capable. Engine has enough horses to get you to highway speed quickly. Sure a 5-speed transmission would be great for a little more mileage, but getting power from the engine to the wheels is more important to me than 2 to 3 miles per gallon.

We're so happy
By Jeff on 08/23/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With our new White satin Pearl Forester ltd. Have had one month now and very pleased. Ride is "tight". Car seems solid. No rattles ( I was a little concerned about this after reading reviews before we purchased-but so far so good). 4 speed trans is better than expected as "sport shift" mode makes for crisp shifting and even in normal "drive " position the spacing between the gears is such that the final rpm at highway speed is not too much higher than a 5 speed might be.

First Subaru
By TJK on 08/13/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for a month now. The whole family enjoys driving it. Handles well, very responsive in steering and power for a 4. AC works very well. Thought I would feel "overwhelmed" by the size after a sedan all these yrs but feel comfortable driving. all in all, so far... very happy with the vehicle. We tend to keep our cars until they die so if it lasts as long as the Jetta - 14 yrs-frame rusted out but still runs like a champ - I will be happy. However today, started to smell gas, really strong. Don't know what that is about but quite concerned. called dealer but was after hours. hopefully will talk with them tomorrow.

Great package that needs just a bit more
By simplyeasily on 08/02/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Forester for 3 months now. I love it; didn't think I would as much as I do since I changed over from a BMW. It drives a lot like a sedan, and it's sure-footed and reliable. The customer service has been great as well. The seats are comfortable and the road visibility is good. The rear seats are even more comfortable, and the giant moonroof is awesome. I also like the sports mode and the ability to manually shift gears - very useful for me and for saving on the brakes when going downhill. And the price? What a great value.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*