2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Melange
By pigo on 01/06/11 09:33 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

After being a Subaru owner for the last several year, I may try something different next time around. I still love the way this thing drives, but subaru must stop being slow with bringing current technologies to the customers. Absolutley terrible stereo with no Bluetooth, dedicated I pod , etc......This is the Limited afterall! also sunvisor vanity mirrors with out illumination and no light in glove box!!C'mon! The 4 speed tranny was not a huge concern for me but it again shows Subaru's unwillingness to be current. interior materials are not on par with most in the class. If Subaru wants to retain this up till now loyal customer, it must add some class to the fun!!!!

Awesome Ride
By Sean on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Traded in my 2004 Impreza RS for a 2010 XT Limited. This thing handles like a dream. The ride is great, very smooth, great pick up. The stock turbo isn't too bad, would be nice to have WRX type power though. I like the interior and the cargo room, it's great for the kids aka dogs. It would be nice to have a better stock stereo, (like the Harmon Kardon in the Outback LTD) I did purchase a Limited edition after all. iPod interface would be nice as well as opposed to just AUX jack. I love the monster sized moon roof, the

Great Small SUV but Far From Perfect
By Craig on 08/25/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second Forester in the last 2 years. I traded in my first one after a year and a half because the X model (4 cylinder) did not have enough power for me. I upgraded to an XT turbo which is more my speed. If you are looking for any performance this is the way to go. I stayed with Subaru because they gave me a great trade in price. The XT in black suits my lifestyle, sporty & practical. The forester is great for active individuals & small families. It is an easy commuter, great visibility, easy to drive & park but it does need some improvements. The engine & transmission seem well built but the interior plastics are cheap, not the perceived Subaru ruggedness I was looking for.

The Best Choice for Us
By Mr.Ranger on 08/10/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We purchased two 2010 Forester XT Ltd. w/Nav. My wife and I each have roughly 2000 miles on our Foresters. It's only been a little over three months, but we are very pleased with our Foresters. Our first test drive was in an X Premium model which we would have bought, but then we drove the XT. The trade-off of slightly lower gas mileage is easily forgotten when you step on the throttle. Visibility is excellent, and the ride is comfortable and quiet. The Forester has very good road manners, although, a stiffer rear sway bar is in order to reduce some of the body roll. Pot holes and road imperfections are no problem as the suspension soaks them up easily. Great car. Excellent value!

Great for the $$$$
By Mark Mandell on 05/27/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

For awhile took some adjusting on my part because I often made the error of having the gearshift in the "sport" mode and was overtaxing the gas mileage by doing so. When I finally corrected that (grateful to my salesman for that) I simply shifted the gear to the correct position and that made all the difference. Being this car is an AWD and has the turbo feature, it handles all the roads very smoothly. Can even drive quite fast and wouldn't notice the difference. Not sure whether having a 5th gear would make a difference as many others have commented about. The factory installed radio is weak but I experienced the same thing with my last car, a Volvo.

subaru + awd + turbo = fun
By monk on 02/21/10 20:31 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

the engine is outstanding and the handling is like a dream. it grips the road like a car. the turbo really compliments the tranny . pls. test drive the car and you will love this preppy little thing. subarus are known for AWD and a very reliable engines. so test drive and compare to other small ute suvs out there.

Nice truck but my last Subaru
By mike on 12/31/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Bought my first subaru in 2001 and it was perfect, rock solid till the day I sold it last week. The new replacement a XT sure looks nice BUT... Rattles something fierce and all over. The headlights wont work sometimes (had to shut the truck off and restart to get it working) windows software maybe?? The drivetrain makes bad noises when turning and the turbo (maybe) made a bad squealing sound for miles you first start the truck. I figured its under warranty let it blow up. The rear window for some reason wants to open with no one pushing buttons. The heater works in reverse. Have a small book for repairs. Will I buy another Subaru - I think Not. Too bad I didn't keep my old model, my fault.

Very Happy XT!!!!!
By korgtx on 10/17/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Purchased end of July. Just reached 2,200 miles and first trip. My MPG numbers were as advertised. Great handling around town or on trip, have not been off road yet! Moon roof is huge, built very solid, no creeks or rattles yet! Great styling, right size for me, also very good turning circle for tight driveways and such. On test drive Turbo brought an instant smile to my face (first Turbo I've driven), plenty of power and solid handling on rough back roads. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Somewhere between like and love
By blewgoose on 09/21/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Writing this review after about 800 miles, and there are some awesome things about this car. One of my favorite things is the turbo engine. Offers PLENTY of passing power, merging onto highway, accelerating out of toll booths, etc. Some people mention they'd like to see a 5th gear, but I have had no problems at all. Much better engine than the CRV (sluggish and underpowered) and comparable in power to the 6cyl RAV4. Plenty of space inside and cabin makes sense as laid out. Panoramic moon roof is giant. Great feature. Handles wonderfully, and better than other, even higher-end SUVs I've driven. I didn't get the nav, so my stereo/accouterments are basic at best. No iPod interface is lame.

XT Fun
By MN on 08/26/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I just took delivery of a 2010 XT Limited less than one week ago. I can't wait to drive in the first snowstorm of the year. I am consistently impressed by the acceleration and handling of this vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$109 per month*