2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Wish I'd Bought Another Toyo Sienna
By Andy on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I researched and compared the Subaru Forester Premium with a Toyota Sienna, 2010 models. Because the Toyo was about $4,000 more I decided to go with the Subaru. Do I regret that decision! I've taken my Subaru to the dealer three times already since I purchased it in August. The car is very noisy upon start-up, but fine once I drive. Every start-up is noisy. The dealer keeps saying its part of Subaru's design, but I'm not buying it. Also, after about a month of driving, I continue to hear the rear seats rattle. If I could return this car I'd do so w/o hesitation. The ext/inter design is okay, but I certainly regret not buying the Toyota Sienna! Think twice before buying a Subaru.

Pull over posers - this is the real deal
By pl2 on 05/20/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We're still under the 1000 mi. break-in so no speed records yet, but even with mild acceleration, you can feel that this little wagon has a dirty little secret that is eluded to only by the big air scoop on the hood (which really works by the way - this is no poser!). Supposedly this is a 7 sec. To 60. Not terribly fast, but nice to have in a wagon when you need it. The interior is well designed and comfortable. The engine with the turbo is noisy! You are constantly reminded that its there! Drives very well and smooth - handles good and does not feel like a cumbersome SUV. Great turning radius, which I am really beginning to appreciate. Nice stereo. Overall a very surprising car!

Ohio Subie
By zhto on 05/03/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Just purchased a 2010 Forester XT Prem. Still breaking it in so not driving it hard. So far, completely impressed with the handling, and comfort, and "kick". Great amount of space. Love the option to recline rear seats an extra few degrees for passengers on long trips. Purposely did not purchase the Limited because I did not need the extra bells and whistles. However, great price for the product. iPhone aux in arm rest space is wonderful. Huge moon roof. Actually looking forward to winters and hard rains. Just became a Subie die hard. Felt it did need 5 speeds for the auto shift rather than 4. I'm certain I'll still be able to smoke some other drivers with the turbo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$101 per month*