Used 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

I Love my Subie!!!!
By LJ

I simply love it!
By Subaru Forrester Owner

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2010 Subaru Forester Limited is 72k miles. I got it brand new. NEVER had an issue with it by just providing very basic maintenance (brakes, tires, oil changes and wipers). All maintenance has been done at the dealership.

It rides very smooth. It has good traction. It drives beautifully in the snow. It is roomy when needed. It is very easy to drive and love this vehicle. I couldn't be happier with it.

The only thing I do not like about it is the fact that it does not have as much isolation between the exterior and the interior. In other words, it is not as quiet inside as other vehicles on its category are. I have to increase the volume of the music I am playing to be able to muffle and omit some of the road sound from the exterior.

One thing is a little bit disappointing is the fact that even though I bought a "Limited" edition, for some reason it does not say anywhere in the vehicle.

Other than those two thing, I simply love this vehicle.

Not a Happy Camper
By lexi209

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a Forester 2010 that has less than 60,000miles. The leather seats are showing wear, especially the driver's seat. Contacted Subaru and have been told it is normal wear! Seriously?? This was to be my retirement car. Got the leather so it would stay nice. Guess I was wrong. I feel this is inferior material, but the company won't stand behind their product. Very disappointed! Close to $2,000 to fix both front seats. I love driving this car, but won't be buying another Subaru because of low quality interior.

Love the way it drives, like the looks of the exterior.

Better quality of interior products from leather used on seats to floor mats.

sun roof
By mrstjk

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

wondering if anyone out there is having issues with the sunroof on 2010 Forester? mine has been in the shop 6 times for leaks while raining. Dealer even replaced the sun roof last time around and still leaks.
really getting tired of this and concerned about possible problems-rust, mildew, mold-down the road.
Subaru offered me extended warranty but that just isn't enough anymore.
Either fix the problem or give me new car.
did alot of research/test drives/talks with car owners before purchasing first subaru.
Likely to be my last if this isn't resolved to my satisfaction and soon.

1 year later
By mrstjk

wrote a review 8/10 after 1 mth ownership,
gas smell was a mouse who had eaten the gas line!
fixed-no repeats.
5/11-leaking from rear shoulder harness after a few days rain.
seal on sunroof pulled loose & drain not connected.
okay until this week - again leaking.
two days in shop and they cannot recreate leak.
my concern is about mold/mildew/rust in future.
thinking about getting rid of it if dealer or Subaru won't do something.
otherwise, I do love the Forester.
great in snow/handles well/has improved to 22-23 MPG, mixed so not too bad. little "rough" til it warms up but after that, is quiet.
seems to hold value in resale - at least at dealer.

know the cup holders are "weird" but I honestly like them! big enough to accommodate large drink cups... or lots of stuff. Fog lights - heated seats - sun roof. accommodated an assembled 4 burner grill after purchasing - was impressed. uses regular gas- previous car used premium.

hate, hate, hate the head rests! they slant too far forward. just cannot find a comfortable position for long no matter how much I adjust the head rest and the seat. interior materials look/feel cheap. controls for heated seats could be in better location. better radio/sound system and positioning of speakers.