2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Fun to drive go anywhere vehicle
By Pat on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with everyone about rattles. There is some issue with interior finishing that causes minor rattles. For me it's far from annoying and dealer will fix it. Will post the output after fix. For now I just pump up the music and enjoy the ride. Trust me, get a manual if you want to enjoy driving forester without sacrificing money with the XT. Cornering the vehicle and driving over rough roads is pure pleasure. Went on a 400 mile trip and I was least tired. You won't even feel the fatigue of long trips. It handles winding roads exceptionally well. Down shift to 4th and it will take up any hill incline on freeways. Hill incline assist is nice. Looking forward to winter's driving on ice.

Interior design needs improvement
By Franklin Marra on 06/20/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driver's Seat Too Low! Test drove a manual front seat car but bought a power adjust seat. The seat does NOT go up high enough to see over the hood. In my area you need to look down at the pavement to spot potholes. I sit on a cushion to improve my view. Speedometer Stupid! The speedometer goes up to 150 mph. What are these designers idiots. The distance between 60 and 80 mph is one and a half inches. Which is the difference between getting a speeding ticket or not. Bad Spot For Tripometer. To set the tripometer you have to reach inside the steering wheel to press the reset button. When following Mapquest directions (ex. go 1.5 miles) this gets to be a problem.

AWD
By New York on 05/25/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my 2010 Forester 2.5x Premium and I can say I don't hear any rattles. For the price I think that this is a great car. Yes, I agree about the plastic on the dash but it is simple and clean. At 6'4" I find the drivers sit very comfortable and plenty of room in the back seat. I like at the sport grill but I like the grill that it came with better so no need to spend money replacing it.

Attention auto industry : follow Subaru!
By John Anteki on 03/24/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot and when I'm in my car, I want everything to be perfect. My last car was a Lexus GS350 and I couldn't stand the rattles. I've heard some complain about rattling, however I've found that if you just tuck everything away in the back such as the center seat belt, rear cover, etc., there aren't any rattles at all. I love my Forester and I'm a Suby fan for life. Funny thing is, I used to despise Subaru. Now I think it would take a lot for another manufacturer other than a high line manufacturer to wow me like Subaru

As promised
By acura convert on 03/16/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a low cost crossover. I read the other reviews and it seem like people are expecting luxury grade materials. You probably should have driven past the Subaru dealership if you were looking for a German luxury ride. This car is a great value. It does everything well enough and should be pretty reliable. Not flashy, but very competent. I wanted a good mix of MPG, space, and snow handling, so it was perfect. My previous car was an Acura sports coupe, so driving a mini SUV is a little bit of a letdown in terms of handling, but that trade off comes with safety and versatility that I was lacking before. The stereo is pretty bad, but I will replace it soon enough. Also, no rattles so far

2.5x Forester Premium
By Mr. Subi on 12/08/09 14:57 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subaru after 2 years of deciding on the 'do it all' vehicle. The perfect vehicle for the commuting outdoorsman. Sport/Utility defines the Forester very well (why don't they officially classify it as such?). The Forester is a rolling swiss army knife (pardon the metaphor). It can do so much so well, and do it safely. Reliable, spirited, great handling, ultra safe, very roomy, best AWD on the market, just as good off as on road. Equipped excellently on the base model, step up a notch and add the all weather package (recommended). Huge sunroof/moonroof, practically makes it feel like a convertible.

Second Forester
By windsurfer on 07/17/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First one went 180,000 miles, then head gasket leaked. Decided to trade in. Did the RAV4, CR-V, Forester loop, and returned to the Forester. The dealerships were the most professional of any brand. I will take it on long dirt roads for fishing, and love the better clearance. No longer a "small" SUV! At least not on the inside. My priorities are value, reliability and gas mileage. Two out of three ain't bad, but I haven't taken long trips yet, so maybe mileage will improve. It's got a miles-per-gallon display, which is nice. Same giant moonroof. Styling is sharper, and I'm glad they didn't slope the roof any more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$105 per month*