2009 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: So far, so good

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Forester

2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic w/VDC)

So far, so good
By Boston Bloviator on

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought XT Limited this primarily for my wife, who had been nursing along a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with 130K+ miles. The new Subie is a pleasant driving experience! The turbo provides a distinct but not overpowering reminder that this Forester is no longer a narcoleptic Sunday drive with Aunt Millie and Uncle Olaf. Plenty of room. I'm 6-2, and there's still headroom. Our 2 boys like the moon-roof. The 09 Forester is wider, longer, and taller, making it larger than other "small" SUVs, and very close to what I expect from mid-SUVs I have to laugh - the coffee-cup holder is still flimsy and cheap looking - just like in all Subarus, including our '99 Sub Outback wagon.

Basically, the new 2009 Forrester has everything I can get from mid-sized SUV, incl (with the turbo), a horsepower-to weight ratio that makes this a LOT more fun to drive. And, unlike the mid-sized SUVs, the Forester mileage is avg 25 city/hwy. I love the "puddle lights" & backlit blue dash.

What is it with the coffee holders? The other center console beverage holder is square (square ??!). What beverage containers are square?? That is really the only quirk. Don't get the nav. If you want nav, just buy it aftermarket.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review