Dissatisfied
By Dissatisfied on
2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
This is the 7th Subaru that I have either owned or leased (5 owned and 2 leased) and this the worst experience I have had so far. The initial concept is good, but the end product definitely needs improvement. I drive 30,000 miles a year in MN. Poor windshield wiper design (front and back), build quality needs to be upgraded (had a water leak in the vent system and now I have major mildew problems. Poor placement of heated seat switches, auxiliary outlet plug, and IPOD plug. Heat is either off or on with poor modulation. Poor design on center storage/cup holders. Needs a five speed transmission; hunts for gears all the time. Buy an Outback. Forester missed the mark, at least for now.
Favorite Features
Good ride, excellent Subaru all-wheel drive, and solid 2.5L engine. Good utilization of space, plus decent mileage for AWD.
Suggested Improvements
Five speed transmission, better sound proofing, upgrade interior materials, redesign driver/passenger storage area/switches in interior, and replace goofy arm rest. Use thicker metal on roof (feels like paper and flexes all the time when opening and closing the doors).