Only if you love your mechanic...
By RLM on
2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned my Forester for 10 months, 11K miles on it and I'm considering a trade in. While this vehicle is exactly what I want in a car as a small SUV and I enjoy driving the car at times, overall the poor quality of the workmanship of the car makes me regret my purchase. I've had the car in for both a major repair (power steering replacement) and major annoyances (mystery noises from door panels, rear-door catch had to be re- welded, and buzzing noises from stereo). Honestly, I miss my 7 year old 125K car I traded in because that car had less body noise and rattling than this brand new car. I'm severely disappointed in the quality of this car and I am considering cutting my losses now.
Favorite Features
The Ipod Interface to the stereo is great if you are a tech & music lover. I love the roomy interior and style. For its size it gets good fuel economy. I recommend the all weather floor mats & trunk mat.
Suggested Improvements
Better insulation and workmanship to reduce rattling noises!!! Better stereo that doesn't produce buzzing noises when bass occurs. Improve the comfort of the seats, seat height & head restraint angle.