2009 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: No regrets

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/VDC)

No regrets
By NiceBet on

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 8 months ago with a healthy dose of skepticism about the Subaru brand. But after extensive review online and test driving it and my other top choices (CR-V and RAV4) I came to a decision that the Forester was the optimal choice to suit my needs. It provided everything I wanted in a SUV- reliability, fuel efficiency, AWD, reasonable cost and reasonable comfort level (leather seats and heating, 6 disc changer stereo system to mention a few). My vehicle has handled well in the sub- artic condition in which I drive it. I have slipped a few times this winter but my vehicle handled well (those experiences have reminded me that technology is no substitute for sensible driving)

I feel the stereo system is pretty decent. The efficiency of the heating system - having used it extensively in really cold weather I can say conclusively that it does work well.

The only problem I've had with my vehicle is that the trunk door sometimes needs an extra push to properly close it in sub -5F weather.