Made for the snow???
By Adventurer on
2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my Forester in May, and have put about 9500 miles on so far. Its been a nightmare in the snow. The ABS is atrocious. Traction control brings the vehicle to a complete stop on snow covered hills. And the back end slides out in turns. Cargo space looks good. But I can't fit my mountain bike (wheels removed) in it without folding down half of the back seat. In my wife's Corolla, I can fit my bike and my son's trailer in the trunk without dropping the seat. Anyone that says they get 30mpg, needs to let the rest of us in on their secret. 26 on long trips. 23 city/hwy. I don't feel safe taking my family anywhere in snowy conditions and am in the process of trading it in.
Favorite Features
Interior looks great and is very comfortable. Layout of the controls is perfect. Vehicle looks great outside as well. Roof rack is a sintch to put- on and take-off.
Suggested Improvements
I think most of my woes (ABS, ECT) are due to the tires. In all fairness, I know other Forester owners who have the same tires and no problems. Maybe these tires are from a bad batch, or have been compromised somehow.