2009 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Little dissapointed

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/All Weather, Premium Pkg, VDC)

Little dissapointed
By JLouie on

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/All Weather, Premium Pkg, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Subaru based on safety rating and new design. I'm mostly happy with my purchase but several small improvements are needed: Three separate windshield cracks within the first six months! Most of my driving is done on I5 Hwy. I owned a Jeep for 10 yrs, and Jeep windshield are even more upright than the Subaru and you do get plenty of dings, but it didn't crack instantly. The paint is too thin as small rocks from the road takes chunks of paint off and I now have several rust spots on the front grill/hood area. Interior silver coat on the plastic interior door handle,etc. are easily scratched and same with exterior paint. Stereo and AC is weak.

I love the roomy interior design and comfort. It's fun to drive with very little blind spots due to window design. I love the extra big sunroof. All wheel drive is great in the snow the few times I've had to drive in the snow.

Use better quality windshield that can better withstand small rocks. Offer aftermarket windshield sooner so we don't have to pay OEM prices! Add another finishing coat to protect the exterior paint. Interior silver coat looks good but get rid of it since it shows every little scratch!
By disappointed70
on 02/02/11 12:58 PM (PST)

I also have a 2009 Subaru Forester and I have the same problems with cracks in the windshield. I have never had a car that got cracks so easily. Also, I am extremely disappointed in how poorly the car rides in the snow. It slides when there is the slightest amount of snow on the ground. I can be driving 4 MPH and try to stop and it slides. It is unfortunate because this car gets good ratings but I'm not going to own it much longer because I do not feel safe when stopping in the snow.