2009 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/All Weather, Premium Pkg, VDC Consumer Review - Just picked it up....so far

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/All Weather, Premium Pkg, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2.5X 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/All Weather, Premium Pkg, VDC)

Just picked it up....so far so good
By Jon on

Just traded in my 2007 on a 2009. My wife wanted automatic and I wanted her Civic for commuting, so quick pro quo was we keep a subie in the family if I get the new Forester, fair enough for me the subie can be our family roadster. Decided to lease, because I think diesel, hybrid and other technologies are going to be preferred in a year or two. I'm really impressed by the new design, big step forward. If I believe the gas mileage meter it's definitely better than the 2007, even before breaking it in. I'll test it in the moutains soon!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, interior finish, roominess and improved noise insulation. Kept Subaru handling, but rounded off some rough edges that some couldn't look past. Love that the automatic doesn't have a "softened suspension" like others. The new seats and dimensions (L&W) are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

What's the deal with the scaling back the premium package? Give me back the toys, I'll pay a few more bucks (07 had fg lts, tmp ctrl, etc.). I hate that they took away the storage compartments in the back (they are concave, but no depth). I can't believe they took away the touneau cover, come on.