It's about love
By tarsier on
2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I could have paid less for my Forester if I had been more patient but it's about love and the extras I might have added for the same price were not terribly interesting or involved trade offs (standard, turbo) I wasn't willing to make. I have no problem with stereo volume but the plastic/felt interior, goofy high chrome exterior trim, engine high speed 'rev' and blind spots exist. I am not thrilled with the armrest, but my dog likes it and I have issues with the ipod integration kit. But that's it, other issues are more industry-wide technology-style issues than Subaru's 'fault'. 15,000 miles, 6 major road-trips from the snow to the desert and its still all about love.
Favorite Features
I love my moon roof, the cockpit layout, the comfort of the seats, the all weather road handling (I like centrifugal force), the windshield wipers, the steering, the cargo area, my hitch. I love my Subaru. It fits everyone in my life, and thats quite a range of mindsets, lifestyles and body types.
Suggested Improvements
Nav with ipod integration, usb, 5 speed manual, an armrest that slides farther forward, console tray, removable liners for the console cup holders so you can simply wash them, ability to charge your phone with the engine off, a non polished chrome trim option, less rear blind spotting, flokati clips