2009 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual w/Premium Pkg, VDC Consumer Review - Faithful Subaru Owner

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5X 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual w/Premium Pkg, VDC)

Faithful Subaru Owner
By Rhode Island on

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/Premium Pkg,VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasantly surprised on the fuel efficiency. So far I've averaged more than 26 mpg on every tank of gas and that is for mixed highway & city driving. (I'm still waiting for a hybrid or clean diesel from Subaru however). I was looking to purchase the new Outback Wagon, but decided on the new Forester because my husband actually fits comfortably (he's 6'4") and I liked the visibility. Overall I'm excited about the new car & happy with my purchase! I would recommend the Forester to a friend!

Favorite Features

Cargo space. The ride is smooth and quieter than expected. I know I'll be psyched about the all-wheel drive come winter. Love the manual transmission option & the large sun roof on the premium package.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors are too boxy, would be better if they were shorter & wider. Interior is boring and would be improved with more compartments for change & other knick-knacks. I wish it had more of the traditional & unique Subaru look I've come to love. I'm getting lost in the sea of mainstream SUVs.