2009 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Everything I was looking for

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic w/VDC)

Everything I was looking for
By redherring1 on

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Have had my XT Limited for almost a month and couldn't be happier with it; I'm 6'4" and was having trouble finding a small SUV that fit--RAV4 wasn't even close (knees jammed into the dash), CRV was tight on the right knee (and I've owned the 2 previous generation CRV's that were fine in that respect) and too slow; driver's seat in the Acura RDX was ok, but the passenger seat didn't go back as far and again jammed my knees into the dash--I'm not going to buy a car I can't ride in as a passenger. The Forester has cavernous headroom, plenty of legroom, a better designed and more useful cargo area than the CRV, and is quicker, cheaper and has a much more comfortable ride than the RDX.

Space; power; huge moonroof; very comfortable ride with sharp, flat handling nonetheless; outstanding visibility; so many little thoughtful features you say "wow--what a good idea" way more often than "what the heck were they thinking?"

No temp gauge; driver's window only auto down, not auto up; no door for center storage area; rear windows don't go all the way down; audio system ok, but not fabulous