Cant find a downside to this vehicle
By subarublue77 on
2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/Premium Pkg,VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Did not know SUV existed until I read Consumer Reports. They rated this #1 in small SUV category. I test drove also small SUV Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota and the Forester out classed them all. I bought it used from the Subaru dealership (Jax, FL) and they had the Carfax. Took it to my mechanic and he said everything looked great! Wanted something that seats 4 & back seats go down so I can carry wood for my woodworking projects. Took it on a couple of long drives already and nice smooth ride. Car accelerates well given it is a 4 cylinder. I bought the SUV because of its reliability history and price. I read all the reviews on Edmunds.com and almost everyone liked their Subaru.
Favorite Features
I wanted a SUV that was simple and basic. The console is simple and easy to see. The large sunroof is a nice bonus. I like that the drivers seat can go up or down depending on who is driving. The love shade of blue for exterior. Like the IPOD outlet between the fronts seats. Very limited blind spots unlike the Nissan I test drove. Components on inside of SUV solid.
Suggested Improvements
The brake pedal is too small. The sun visors are not long enough on side view and every evening the direction of the sun gets me right in the eyes. I would have liked a dark interior as the light gray stains easily. The gas tank is on the passenger side of the car - I would prefer it to be on the driver's side. Sometimes I open the gas cover and it only pops open 1/4 inch and so when I get to it, it some closes on me and I have to go back around to pull the switch. Not impressed with hwy mileage - could only get 24.7 on hwy trips.