Used 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2009 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

2009 Forester
By fred

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm used to full size pickup truck but with gas prices being the way they are decided to test drive the Forester. So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Getting like 24.5 mpg combined according to trip computer, 27-28 highway. for a little car it has enough room for hauling a good amount of stuff. I'm 6 foot tall and with the 09 I was able to adjust driver seat to comfortable position then got in the back seat and was still comfy at least for short rides. Haven't had bad weather since I've owned it but it feels nimble when driving. No it's not a Hemi but does a great job for a commuter car and loaded even for base model. And lots of room.

Favorite Features

Included add ons, driver adjustable seat, CD player. Loaded with options from the get go. Very few add ons needed after.

Suggested Improvements

Very little improvement is really needed already very nicely equipped for the price.

Good mpg, Good everything.
By wes

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Went to the Subaru dealership to test-drive an Impreza. Left with a 2009 Forester. After purchasing and then reading reviews, I was leery of mpg. Today, I averaged 27mpg. How can you complain about that with an SUV? Solid vehicle all around.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, moon roof, mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Some plastic interior parts could be improved; then again, they're easy to wipe down.