Used 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L. Bean Edition Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2009 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

The Bru' is true
By Jim

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a very dependable, safe car. We've had it for 70k miles and it is very cheap to operate. I really have no complaints of a seriuos nature. the sound of the opposed 4 cyl motor with it's 4 spped automatic is less than inspiring but that's a minor thing. the fuel economy has been around 23 mpg around town and i suppose it could be better, but everything else has been so cheap to fix that I really don't mind it. All in all it's been a good car for short trips and grocery getting, etc

Subaru LEMON!!!
By karol schoenbaum

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy this car for any amount of money...It is a design disaster, more importantly, it is is a major repair money pit. You can count on large regular repair bills, hundreds or thousands of dollars each! I have owned my own car for 58 years. I have spent more money on major repairs on this subaru than I have spent on all my other vehicles combined!!! You name it and I have repaired it on this vehicle.

I love it!!
By Jobin

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

First time Subaru owner. I was shopping around for a a new fresh SUV. Rav4 and CRV were on top of my list till a friend recommended I look at the Forester. I told him the wagon? He said no it's got a whole new design and rated #1. Test drove the LL Bean Ed. and loved it from the start. My wife kept smiling at the salesman. Well we went home with it that same day. Now my wife and I fight over it.

Simple interior controls. Back tailgate is easy to use and my wife is 5ft 1, she does not have any issues with opening and closing it. While I'm 6ft and can stand upright under the liftgate with no problems.

6 speaker audio sounds great in the front but lousy when sitting in the rear seats. That's about it.

Dissatisfied
By Dissatisfied

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 7th Subaru that I have either owned or leased (5 owned and 2 leased) and this the worst experience I have had so far. The initial concept is good, but the end product definitely needs improvement. I drive 30,000 miles a year in MN. Poor windshield wiper design (front and back), build quality needs to be upgraded (had a water leak in the vent system and now I have major mildew problems. Poor placement of heated seat switches, auxiliary outlet plug, and IPOD plug. Heat is either off or on with poor modulation. Poor design on center storage/cup holders. Needs a five speed transmission; hunts for gears all the time. Buy an Outback. Forester missed the mark, at least for now.

Good ride, excellent Subaru all-wheel drive, and solid 2.5L engine. Good utilization of space, plus decent mileage for AWD.

Five speed transmission, better sound proofing, upgrade interior materials, redesign driver/passenger storage area/switches in interior, and replace goofy arm rest. Use thicker metal on roof (feels like paper and flexes all the time when opening and closing the doors).

Decent vechile, fun to drive & Satisfied
By montavistas

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr SUV AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have been driving this vehicle for about 3 months and have all the options except navigation and have been satisfied with the drive I had on local and highway. Decent MPG about 25 on an average. The SRS audio doesn't seem to work as expected no help from the dealer as well. Haven't experienced any rattling as some complained. Nice to drive and good control on the road. Overall a Satisfied Subaru Forester patron.

Sage green color. Moon roof. Roomy. Gas mileage. Double exhaust.

Sound system. Internal dash color