Great little SUV, most everything in one
By Rickshift on
2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have 500 miles on my new Forester, so far I love it! Good power, 25 MPG mixed driving before break-in period, quick & sure handling and that hill holder function is seamless when I use it. The clutch and shift are hands down the smoothest I've ever driven, pleasant, easy manual to drive.The ride is comfy, heated seats are nice, the moon roof is awesome, stereo wth 6 CD is nice. The ride over washboard pavement is just a little hard but it floats over RR tracks with comfort and control and takes corners and clover leafs like a bear. It's an undercover sports car dressed up like a little SUV, winter ready. The PZEV rating is a nice plus for global non warming. Will rerate 5K,10K.
Favorite Features
Moon roof, 6 CD changer, smooth shifting, gearing, fuel economy, hill holder function, lively clutch, good power, pretty quiet ride, comfortable seats especially 8 way power driver seat.
Suggested Improvements
The electric door locks should lock automatically when you turn the key or put it in gear. Ride over bumpy roads could be a little softer with bigger wheels or/and tires. Add tilt function on the moon roof. Tan interior is hard to keep clean. Add all weather mats. Steering wheel should telescope.