On my radar since '98
By B Noble on
2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Finally, my '95 manual VW Jetta got tired and I could finally get my dream car, that I first saw debuted in '98 at the NYC auto show. It fit me like a glove. I'm (5'2") and the driver's seat can be raised significantly with a touch of a power lever. Last April when I went looking to buy, I almost had a heart attack when I realized that the design of the '09 was seriously changed (not for the better) and it was bigger I didn't need bigger. I went hunting and had to purchase MY '08 a state away to get the one I wanted. I now have 3,000 miles on it and get 26+ mpg avg. It rides like a dream and I love the style of the dash board above all other new cars (including the Forester '09s).
Favorite Features
Good visibility from the windshield to the larger than avg. side view mirrors to the wide rear view window. Ease of the hatch door to open. The dark gray color and contrasting trim gives a handsome profile. I especially like the dashboard compartment for driver ease of reach.
Suggested Improvements
The arm rest between the two front seats is useless when the seat is moved forward for short people. Thus, I'd like to see fold down arm rests for two front seats it would be that much more luxurious on long trips that I do.