2008 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A good solid B+

2008 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

A good solid B+
By walorado on

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Subaru or two along the way, and decided on the 08 Premium because of a value package. Great vehicle with a couple of small hiccups. Had a minor issue with the AC but was resolved under warranty. Replaced the driver's door speaker 3 times, also under warranty. In fact, the stereo is a real weak point in the car for me. Really lame speakers, and I paid for the "upgrade." Seats are comfortable and fit my rather copious rump easily. Plenty peppy even here in the high country of Colorado. AWD system is very good, but the 2008 model lacks stability control. Without it, the car's rear end can slip out if you aren't careful in the snow. I'd buy the car again, though.

Favorite Features

Really like the peppy engine. Reliability has been great. AWD is solid. Seat bottom is long and supportive enough to make the car good for longer trips. Sirius radio is a nice feature and worth the money. Cargo space is excellent for a smaller SUV. Fit & finish is very good overall.

Suggested Improvements

Speakers are a huge disappointment in a car this good. Crummy, actually. Will be buying aftermarket speakers now that I'm out of warranty. Dealer tried to charge me $800 for the 30K service, but talked them down to $499. Ripoff! Don't be afraid to shop around.