Used 2008 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

The Best Car I've ever had !!!!! Period
By farside7

2008 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Chrysler 300 Limited Brand new, Chevy Impala brand new, a coup deville and to me this is the best car I've ever owned, period. The ride is smooth, the vehicle has great power. I put a remote start on It and a trailer hitch. I get about 26 to 27 on the hwy. The interior room is awesome ! I'm 5'10" and 280 pound! I still have plenty of room!

Really fun to drive. Color is pearl blue, 6 CD disk changer, great air & heat. Braking is great, the turning radius is wonderful ! The 3 12volt socket are great.

Maybe even better fuel, but other than that "NONE".

Not Fancy but dependable
By Soyoung Chung

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I waited for 2 years to review to avoid premature review. Finally, I feel comfortable to say "Yes, it is very dependable and reliable". I don't feel stylish nor luxurious, however very humble and sort of old friend. As other review, engine sounds a bit loud and when I accelerate, response is a little slow/hesitant. Although I am not driving the fastest car...I will be on time and safe! That's all that counts!!! Thank you "SUBARU".

All wheel drive...saved me several times last winter.

Fuel economy, although it's not bad, there is room for improvement.

Best For Business
By Computer Bob

2008 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Can't say enough good things about my Forester. 29 MPG city, 31 hwy, smooth engine, superb visibility, plenty of thoughtful features (except too-small and tightly cramped cup holders). Seats give great support and comfortable for short & long drives. Beautiful paint and workmanship. Easy to do maintenance (oil, filter, brakes, etc.). Love the tire pressure monitor, outside temp gauge, stereo, storage space.

Fuel mileage.

Bigger, and wider-spaced cup holders.

Cold Start
By High Plains Drifter

2008 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I try to start it up in the morning it is noisy and has a rough idle. The shop has a bulletin for PZEV models that says ethanol in the gas will effect the engine this way on cold starts. All gas in this area has ethanol in it. I have had a lot of cars and never seen an engine start like this every morning. Can't Subaru do better than this?

AWD, stereo, gas mileage.

If they can't design a smooth running engine get rid of the PZEV models.

I love my car
By Audrey

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I really love this car. It is the first Subaru we've owned, and we'll probably keep buying Subaru cars forever if they are like this one. We've had it for 2 years, I love the turning radius on it (I can make u- turns on really narrow streets). It's easy to handle.

The moonroof is my favorite, and I enjoy the spaciousness of the front passenger side on long car rides (I just put the seat all the way back and put my feet up on the dash and I'm so comfy)! We also like the Ipod hook up and extra spaces throughout to store things.

Better gas mileage (I'll always ask for that in any car though). I'm not sure if this can be improved, but when I went uphill on a very steep hill it rolled back a teensy bit (kind of scary when it happened).