Used 2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

I love my car
By Audrey

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I really love this car. It is the first Subaru we've owned, and we'll probably keep buying Subaru cars forever if they are like this one. We've had it for 2 years, I love the turning radius on it (I can make u- turns on really narrow streets). It's easy to handle.

Favorite Features

The moonroof is my favorite, and I enjoy the spaciousness of the front passenger side on long car rides (I just put the seat all the way back and put my feet up on the dash and I'm so comfy)! We also like the Ipod hook up and extra spaces throughout to store things.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage (I'll always ask for that in any car though). I'm not sure if this can be improved, but when I went uphill on a very steep hill it rolled back a teensy bit (kind of scary when it happened).

On my radar since '98
By B Noble

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Finally, my '95 manual VW Jetta got tired and I could finally get my dream car, that I first saw debuted in '98 at the NYC auto show. It fit me like a glove. I'm (5'2") and the driver's seat can be raised significantly with a touch of a power lever. Last April when I went looking to buy, I almost had a heart attack when I realized that the design of the '09 was seriously changed (not for the better) and it was bigger I didn't need bigger. I went hunting and had to purchase MY '08 a state away to get the one I wanted. I now have 3,000 miles on it and get 26+ mpg avg. It rides like a dream and I love the style of the dash board above all other new cars (including the Forester '09s).

Favorite Features

Good visibility from the windshield to the larger than avg. side view mirrors to the wide rear view window. Ease of the hatch door to open. The dark gray color and contrasting trim gives a handsome profile. I especially like the dashboard compartment for driver ease of reach.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest between the two front seats is useless when the seat is moved forward for short people. Thus, I'd like to see fold down arm rests for two front seats it would be that much more luxurious on long trips that I do.

Excellent value
By Minnie

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I never considered a Subaru until looking at all the others and not finding what I wanted. As soon as I sat in my LL Bean Forester I was hooked. Everything felt right. I love the AWD, the sunroof is amazing especially at night on our country roads with stars twinkling overhead, the heated seats are great, the wood accents on steering wheel and shifter make it look rich, and it handles like a dream. You'd never think this car is a 4 cyl as it has lots of power. Getting 26-28 MPG with just over 3500 miles on her. I'll never own anything else. My last car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee I had for fourteen years and I hope to have this one as long.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, heated seats, MP3 hookup, AWD, trunk tray, nice floor mats, great rear vision with no blind spots, large front windshield.