2008 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Accelerator Problem
By Sylvia Lucy on 06/27/08 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

There is one annoying problem that spoils the overall positive driving experience. The vehicle speeds up and slows down constantly while I try to hold a steady highway speed. The dealership ship says all the newer Foresters do that because of the computer settings. Subaru has made a flash program change computer settings for Impreza's that exhibited this problem but haven't gotten around to make a fix for the 2008 and 2009 Forester. I would suggest waiting until they have this problem solved before buying one.

Still a great little car
By rickshift on 04/24/08 00:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven my Forester 6500 miles, so it is broken in by now. The gas mileage for an all wheel drive was good from the beginning but now as the weather is warming, I got just under 29 MPG on mixed commuter driving, I have yet to do an all highway drive. I drive into Boston to work, mostly on state route type roads, but I work nights so the traffic is mostly going the other way, at least in the morning. I love this car. Good road visibility, nice sterio system, love the handling, smooth ride eats up the bumps, heated front seats are very comfortable, smoothest shifting manual transmission I've ever driven.I was a little iffy about committing to always having to shift but now have no regret

Great car.
By cranky consumer on 02/19/08 19:12 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

700 miles in. Seats are comfortable on 2hr+ drives. Cargo space is great. MPG is reasonable. Sunroof noise is fine at 65 and only gets annoying at ~80. The visibility is fantastic.

Great little SUV, most everything in one
By Rickshift on 11/14/07 00:57 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have 500 miles on my new Forester, so far I love it! Good power, 25 MPG mixed driving before break-in period, quick & sure handling and that hill holder function is seamless when I use it. The clutch and shift are hands down the smoothest I've ever driven, pleasant, easy manual to drive.The ride is comfy, heated seats are nice, the moon roof is awesome, stereo wth 6 CD is nice. The ride over washboard pavement is just a little hard but it floats over RR tracks with comfort and control and takes corners and clover leafs like a bear. It's an undercover sports car dressed up like a little SUV, winter ready. The PZEV rating is a nice plus for global non warming. Will rerate 5K,10K.

Zippy, Fun, Safe Car
By SK on 09/13/07 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru and I love this little SUV. It has good pickup and it feels roomy inside. It's also easy to park. I was happy with all the safety features and feel secure on the highway in traffic. I can't wait to try it in the snow. I like the cup holders in the doors and the interior is comfortable. I have only had it a month so I'm hoping its reliable. And where I live there isn't very many of them so it's kinda special.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Subaru Forester in NJ is:

$147 per month*