2008 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By Michigan Winters on 10/21/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. My Wife and I were looking for an AWD or 4x4 vehicle that could handle our tough Michigan Winters. Along with that, we LOVE to travel. This car fits the bill - it can outhandle snowy roads/ slushy roads/ muddy roads better than any truck or sports utility vehicle I know of. Add the fact that I average around 28 mpg and it's quite the vehicle. It's built with extreme quality, which in itself makes it look expensive. It doesn't need the fancy bells and whistles.

Best Looking SUV
By Bob Kelley on 05/15/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The lines on the car are classic, no swoops, triangular windows or forced styling gimmicks. Great visibilty and feelings of safety. Getting 28+ mpg on road. Replaced a Kia Sportage. It's like going from a tin can to a bank vault! Driving it is fun, and the lower center of gravity permits very even and contolled steering. All in all,a great car.

Initial reaction
By Rodmo1 on 01/24/08 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I only bought the car about ten days ago so it is much too early to comment on the reliability or long term comfort level of the interior. However, so far I really like the car. It is fun to drive and performs very well. As everyone else has already said the backseats are very small but I will always be sitting in the driver's seat so what does it matter? This is my first car. I have always owned trucks before but with the cost of gasoline and me living half way up a mountain I needed an efficient AWD. The Subaru fit the bill. My only fill up so far has resulted in 25.97 MPG which I imagine will only get better come engine break- in and non winter blend gas. Great car for the money!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.