SUV for Nor Cal
By German Silva Jr on
2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
My first Subie - love it. Every morning I can't wait to get behind the wheel and slam the RPMs near red line. By the way mine is non-turbo. Took it off-roading today in the Marine Headlands and handled perfect in mud, wet grass, gravel, and pouring rain. I'm planning on putting winter Blizzacks for winter driving to Tahoe to fully appreciate the AWD. Added a bra, cargo box liner, Weathertech floor mats (a MUST), synthetic oil after 1K. This will not be my last Subie. Bring the Forester STI to the States!!
Favorite Features
AWD fantastic going about 60 mph and encountered a flooded slow lane the car in front of me had to pull to the left lane. My Subie went through the flood with no problem. Great sunroof. Easy to use controls. Large side mirrors with integrated turning signals a plus. Can't wait to ride to Tahoe!
Suggested Improvements
Replace GeoLanders with sportier tires because OEM tires squeal for their life. However, the Subie still handles great. Side windows sometimes squeaks when closing and opening. Minimal improvements. Fantastic ride and can't go wrong with Subarus AWD.